Friday, January 23, 2009
Both Sides Now
Finally getting around to the meme, Seven random things about me:
Seven random things about me
• I have hiked all the way to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Each colored layer is a different ecosystem. I swam in the Colorado river @ the bottom of the canyon. Climbing out of the canyon the next day was much more difficult! I would love to do an extended float through the canyon (fly in this time!)
• I have watched Buddhist Monks make a huge, intricate colored mandala made with colored sand
• I used to be a Forest Fire Fighter/EMT. Pretty intense having flames burning overhead in the tall trees. Burning poison oak was a special treat- not!
• I play the hand drums, love to drum. Percussion is a universal language- if your heart beats, you have rhythm.
• I met Richie Havens & took in a rainbow together before he performed @ the local folk festival.
(Of Woodstock Fame~ Freedom & Motherless Child)
• I have two sons, now adults, both were home births, with a Midwife. Funny story~ When I was going for prenatal checks, my Midwife was using a doppler to listen to the heartbeat of the baby, she was hearing Reggae music!--she lived near a radio broadcasting tower & picked it up in the airwaves.
That kid turned out to be a musician.
• I am driving a 15 year old vehicle, holding out for a reasonable electric vehicle to become available in the next 2 years. It was the first new car we'd ever bought.
I am of the philosophy~ the meme stops here. If you want to do it, go for it, I am not going to tag anyone else....
but will link others who tagged me.