Thursday, December 24, 2009

Recipes (food no, alcohol, yes)


Oh no.... I suck at cooking. I've always considered it a time consuming chore. Plus if I do not use my digital timer, it is very likely I WILL burn something, because, I'd rather be blogging or surfing the 'net or just about anything else.

No ~ I'm talking about alcoholic drink recipes!









Half the fun is creating the name......

CRANBERRY GOOSE ~ Cranberry juice & a shot of Grey Goose Vodka

SCHLAGERNOG ~ Goldschlager Cinnamon Liqueur in Eggnog.
(If you can no longer pronounce Schlagernog, you can't drink them anymore!)

SCHNAPP COCOA ~ A shot of Peppermint Schnapps in Hot Cocoa ~ mmmm Minty!

CRANBERRY FIZZ ~ Cranberry Liqueur w Tonic Water or 7 UP.

Cheers!











8 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

Yum! I'm coming right over. You're my kind of cook, Fran. Merry Christmas to you!

nonnie9999 said...

if you get everyone drunk enough, they won't notice the food is burnt.

Fran said...

Border Exp! Good to see you.... you've been out making your southern migration, Yes?
Hope all is well & wish you were here so we could sample the quality of these recipes together.

Oh I CAN cook, but I do tend to wander & drift away from the project.... but I did just whip up a batch of fresh cranberry sauce, and there are pumpkin pies in the oven (thank you Mrs. Smith!)

Hey! I can be partially domestic if need be.

Happy Holidays!

Fran said...

LOL Nonnie!

D.K. Raed said...

DK Patented Palin Flambe:
pour 1 liter russian vodka into a fireproof container,
grab a pair of binoculars so you can see & wave at russia while you ...
carefully lay shredded pages of the Rogue "book" on top of the vodka and set on fire ...
stand back and inhale the flambe ...
that wooshing sound you hear is 2012 being flushed down the toilet!

(don't try this indoors if you have drunk too many xmas schnapps)

Merry Merry Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Fran said...

Oooohhh Palin flambe-- now you're getting fancy!

Mauigirl said...

Excellent, will have to try some of those drinks!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Fran! (And yes, Diva posed in order to earn a dog biscuit!)

Fran said...

Ha ha ha I figured the Diva dog was distracted w food in order to take that cute photo.

Happy Holidays to you!