Here is what "less government" looks like:
• Social Security cuts
• Higher payments for Medicare patients
• Raising the retirement age to 69
• Continued tax breaks for the most wealthy
• Increased gas tax
• Eliminate mortgage-interest tax deduction
Notice who bears the brunt of these proposals?
The working stiffs.
Here are my proposals:
• Pay freeze for Congress (they currently get automatic raises, unless they vote NO)
• Major Military budget cuts
• Tax the rich
• Do a 10 to 20% reduction of unneeded Government services
• Cut the fat in Congress-- fresh ice delivered daily,
and other pampered privileged services that are unnecessary
• Stop Saturday mail delivery (Canadians have been doing this for many years already)
• Make prescription drug contracts for the lowest bidder to provide meds in quantity @ the best rate, for medicare & medicaid patients, for the top 100 most prescribed meds.
• Require College sport programs making in excess of so many millions, to puts funds back into the educational funds of schools.
What items would you add to the list???