NRA has a seven-step plan
The National Rifle Association has the formula spelled out exactly:
1) Work hard to get high-powered weapons and unlimited amounts of ammunition into the hands of anyone who asks for it.
2) Encourage legislation to allow those weapons anywhere and everywhere in our society.
3) When the inevitable massacre happens, hunker down.
4) Release a prepared message saying the NRA is “praying” for the victims and their families.
5) Blitz the media with the message that now is not the time to discuss gun control, for to do so would be to politicize the tragedy.
6) Intimidate any politician who dares to speak against this madness.
7) Go to step one, repeat as necessary.
Painfully, this editorial is all too accurate.
They added flying flags at half mast to the routine... but so far Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is the only politician stepping up to address the issue.