Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanks, Ebenezer....

We paid off a Visa card w a final $234 payment. Zero balance-- Woo Hoo!!!

Expecting a Zero balance statement-- instead we get a
"You owe $1.50 Minimum Interest" notice. 

Furthermore, in the fine print, there is a
"Late Payment Warning"
If they don't receive that $1.50 by the Jan 5 deadline, "you may have to pay a late fee of up to $35.00 AND your APR will be subject to increase to a maximum Penalty APR of 29.99%". 


Wow! Do you feel the love?
Hell of a thank you note for paying off your account , Eh??

Apparently we have the Chase Scrooge Card!

6 comments:

lisahgolden said...

Oh no, we don't need to regulate banks. Not at all.

D.K. Raed said...

call them. if you pd the total bal by the due date, you owe no int. they should credit your acct without much fuss. and an apology would be nice. unless ... are there some odd terms on your credit card requiring you to pay minimum interest whether you have a balance due or not? if so, time to cancel that card and get a better one.

I've had to appeal credit card dings a few times. Only one time was it my fault for paying the total amount minus 1-CENT! blamed it on new eyeglasses. Visa wanted to charge me a full month's interest on the full amount due (which I'd paid minus 1-cent). Told them I'd be happy to pay interest on the 1-cent. They decided it was easier to just credit the interest, but made me promise to increase next month's payment by 1-cent. What a deal. The only one I've ever had not back down on something like this was Costco.

nonnie9999 said...

i agree with dk. call them. hassle the shit out of them. then, even if you still have to pay the $1.50, you'll have gotten your money's worth.

Fran said...

I was thinking of paying them $1.52, instead of $1.50 . Then they would have to send me statements with the .02 cent overage.
That way I would know for sure I got my .02 cents in!

nonnie9999 said...

i'd make it maybe $2.50. then, they'll have to continue to send you statements until they send you a check for the overage. they take forever to do anything, so they'll waste way more than $1.50 in postage.

Mauigirl said...

I once got a bill for 37 cents after I'd paid it off. The postage stamp cost more!