It was not a happy place to be. So today I am going to cross over into the Woman Against Sarah Palin blog & share some clips from a much different perspective. An interesting observation about this blog, is the revolt & disgust with Palin extend "across the aisle", Republicans, Independents & Democrats alike have express profound discontent with Palin as Vice President. they have chosen a woman who does not support Women's rights, with an ineptitude never before seen. The following is a sampling from their blog post contributors:
• Are we supposed to be so blind that we don't realize that the Republicans are running the foulest campaign I have seen in my lifetime as a distraction to the fact that both McCain and Palin are just not right for the Oval Office?
• As Mark Twain said, "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
• I feel disrespected as a woman by the arrogance of the GOP! Their nomination of Sarah Palin is an absolute slap in the face.
Every time I watch her speak, batting her eyelashes and smiling amiably as she simultaneously embarrasses herself and her party with her obvious disregard for facts or knowledge, I am appalled! The women of this country have worked far to hard to gain the equality I am SO proud to now enjoy as a woman for us too throw it all away. I never thought that I would be basing my first vote, something that I honestly have waited a long time for, on the inadequacies of a vice-presidential candidate rather than the capabilities of a presidential candidate.
• What Mrs Palin's mudslinging strategy does is show us that because she has so little to offer, she has to resort to the lowest tactics of all to win the race. She can't tell us why she is fit, because she's not fit. She can't tell us about her excellent ideas for the economy, immigration, crime, world peace, etc, because she has none. Her only option to win this race is to kneecap the other guy. I only hope that my compatriots will see through the lies spewed forth by Mrs Palin. McCain deserves to lose for his misjudgment in adding this woman to his ticket.
• We must recognize, however, that this candidate is at a special risk because there are many in our society who are not ready to accept this monumental change. For Sarah Palin and John McCain to stoke these hatreds at their political rallies is unconscionable.
• This type of smear campaign goes beyond being a bad leader, it really overturns the rock of ignorance that unfortunately still exists in this country.
• She is not experienced enough or knowledgeable enough to address the economic and social disasters that have to be redressed in order for the United States to regain their footing on the world stage... Women are ready and able to lead this country. It simply isn't Sarah.
• With the economic situation, the fact that we are at war, etc., makes this choice almost an act of treason.
• My cringe reflex is exhausted.
• If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.
Go there yourself, there are several pages of older posts, from the full political spectrum.
Frankly, after visiting the other Palin supportive blog, it was refreshing to return to rational thought, and good sound reasoning. this blog is not one sided, blinded by faith or one spectrum of any particular party. Enjoy!