|And it's ahead in the polls too!|
A few bones to pick about things said @ the RNC.
In the WTF? Category:
• "But Paul, I still like the playlist on my iPod better than yours."
Mitt is human & he's "hip". Hard to believe Mitt does have an ipod, but if he does, it's probably a live feed of the Dow Jones stock market trading reports, or the Hits from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
• "That very optimism is uniquely American."
Really living your life, working & being confident in the future is "uniquely American"?
• "when you lost that job that paid $22.50 an hour with benefits, you took two jobs at $9 bucks an hour and fewer benefits. You did it because your family depended on you. You did it because you’re an American and you don’t quit. You did it because it was what you had to do.
But driving home late from that second job, or standing there watching the gas pump hit $50 dollars and still going, when the realtor told you that to sell your house you’d have to take a big loss, in those moments you knew that this just wasn’t right."
Mitt Mitt Mitt. You never worked 2 jobs at damned near minimum wage in your life!
Selling off one of your houses at a loss is not the issue. It is forced foreclosure, and desperate homelessness, and bailed out banksters unwilling to rewrite loans- that seems to be the issue.
• "When the world needs someone to do the really big stuff, you need an American."
Big stuff, like wars, and nuclear bombs? Or big stuff like dumping oil all over the Gulf Coast?
• "My dad had been born in Mexico and his family had to leave during the Mexican revolution"
Way to gloss it over Mitt. Your grandparents moved to Mexico so they could practice polygamy.
By the way-- where all all the "birther" conspiracy theorists who might wonder if Mitt/Willard is a Mexican?
• "The President has disappointed America because he hasn’t led America in the right direction. He took office without the basic qualification that most Americans have and one that was essential to his task. He had almost no experience working in a business. Jobs to him are about government."
Yea, President Obama does not have "basic qualifications".
Obama has advanced qualifications!
A BA Degree from Columbia University in Political Science
(Mitt graduated from Harvard cum laude, with honor)
• "In America, we celebrate success, we don’t apologize for it."
Is it just me, or does Mitt sound a bit Americcentric? Other places do not celebrate success?
• That is why every president since the Great Depression who came before the American people asking for a second term could look back at the last four years and say with satisfaction: “you are better off today than you were four years ago.”
"Except Jimmy Carter. And except this president."
Whoah! Selective memory void, Mitt?
Eisenhower & the Vietnam war
Nixon had to resign or get his ass Impeached
Reagan Deregulation- How'd that work out?
Bush #1 Turned out his thousand points of light were *dim*, but not dim enough that people could not "read his lips" (no new taxes).
Bush #2 = *Worst*President*Ever*. Torture, Preemptive War(s), Gitmo, Rendition,
A long list of Human Rights Violations, the so-called Patriot Act, and he left the US economy in shambles, on the brink of collapse.
Finally~ "Mitt's Plan"
• First, by 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewables.
~ Don't you love these plans that come to fruition after the person would be out of office?
"Full advantage" is code for "Trash the planet."
• Second, we will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.
~ That's code for private school vouchers paid for by gutting the public school system.
• Third, we will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements. And when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.
~ Trading agreements will turn around nationwide unemployment? That's gonna save America?
• Fourth, to assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish as have those in Greece, we will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.
~ Pay close attention to how Mitt "fixed" Massachusett's budget deficit ;
During his term he presided over the elimination of a projected $3 billion deficit by reducing state funding for higher education, cutting state aid to cities and towns, raising various fees, and removing corporate tax loopholes; Massachusetts also benefited from unanticipated federal grants and unexpected revenue from a previously enacted capital gains tax increase.
Romney supported raising various fees by more than $300 million, including those for driver's licenses, marriage licenses, and gun licenses. He increased a special gasoline retailer fee by two cents per gallon, generating about $60 million per year in additional revenue. (Opponents said the reliance on fees sometimes imposed a hardship on those who could least afford them.)
cut spending by $1.6 billion, including:
Cut $700 million in reductions in state aid to cities and towns.The cuts also included a $140 million reduction in state funding for higher education, which led state-run colleges and universities to increase tuition by 63 percent over four years. Romney sought additional cuts in his last year as governor by vetoing nearly 250 items in the state budget, but all were overridden by the heavily Democratic legislature.
Can someone please answer this: How can Romney claim to support education when in real life, he gutted funding, which cause tuition to skyrocket? Not a problem if you are a multi millionaire- but for the other 99%, his actions (speak louder than words) did serious damage.
• "As president, I will protect the sanctity of life. I will honor the institution of marriage. And I will guarantee America’s first liberty: the freedom of religion."
~ This is code for repeal Roe V. Wade- the institution of marriage means hetero marriage only. Freedom OF religion is one thing, but what about freedom FROM religion???
• " every American is less secure today because he has failed to slow Iran’s nuclear threat."
Wow! Beating the drums of war, so soon Mitt?
• Mitt asks: "Does the America we want borrow a trillion dollars from China? No."
~ Well Mitt, that would have been a great question during the Bush 2 regime, when George was getting his wars on.
|(Show us your taxes Mitt.... got something to hide??)|
Mitt is ready to fully fund the military, and although he says will support the elderly & those in need, well, unless Grandma is ready to gear up for a tour of duty in Iran, I'm thinking she will get thrown under the bus, as Mitt enacts cuts on sacrifices he is willing to let others make.