Saturday, May 4, 2013

Higher Consciousness & thoughts about Peace

Om Mani Padmi Hum
The mantra of compassion ~ Jewel of the Lotus Flower

The Dalai Lama is going to grace my town next week, for the first time. It is much anticipated, and a large sector of the community is abuzz about it. To have such a Spiritual leader present awakens us to a higher consciousness. Peace & Compassion are what we want & need in life, and at time I think how do we get there from here?
There was a "Tibet Night" celebration last night, and as a part of the event, local kids made Peace themed prayer flags, with poems and or art.  These two peace flags/poems really spoke to me.






The yellow banner had the line "Peace is nothing", which at first struck me as being a sad statement. As I gave it more thought, I realized the "nothing" part could mean Peace is no problems, no issues, or in the Zen aspect, "No Mind", or a mind at peace. 
Right next to it hung another prayer flag that contained the line:
"Peace is pretty much everything"

the next line read:"but wrong"
"Peace is a choice everyone has to make"



Prayer Flags with children's Peace art & poems
break up the concrete void. 




No comments: