Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I can't use it anymore



"take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore.
It's gettin' dark, too dark to see
I feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door"

What better day than Halloween than to turn in my resignation @ my job of 7 years. The oppression & conditions there became unbearable. 
I am a human, not a robot. 


Today I resigned from the corporate world & will now work in the field of Social Services. 

I realize there will be demands & difficulties there, (i.e it may not be "heaven"), but at least, at the end of the day, I will know that I spent my work day providing helpful services. 

So today I literally did-  take this badge off of me, I can't use it anymore. 

Free at last!



7 comments:

Christopher said...

Wow! Good for you!

Is this something you've wanted to do or did you see the writing on the wall?

Fran said...

Both!
Wanted to do something more meaningful, and also not rewarding to work for a 1 %er outfit that values profits over people.
Being an exploited worker w a constant hammer over your head is both oppressive & uninspiring.
The job was *literally* on a Dead End road!

Dada said...

Fran: So sorry I haven't been around lately. (A few pressing priorities, like tuning out the WWW as escape from all the pre-election cr*p that, for me, became intolerable.)

But I am so, so very excited for you! Congratulations!! Those of us who have been "Ramblings" fans for any length of time have enjoyed the glimpses inside the increasingly more oppressive/exploitive conditions in the American workplace. Why, suddenly, am I having flashbacks to a Steve McQueen movie of decades ago -- The Great Escape?

WTG, Fran!

Fran said...

Hi Dada~ Long time coming, to finally give the one finger salute to "the man"-- I turned in my resignation "effective immediately"-- in fact, when I realized the new job timeline, I burned up the next 3 work days w vacation time-- once I was hired, I never went back to work there another day.
You know it is all "at will" & I was no longer willing.

Free at last!

Dada said...

It's like one of your *best blogs ever*! A statement to inspire all mankind shackled by the oppressive dominance of their 21st Century workplaces! W-T-G, Fran
!!

Dada said...

p.s. rushing out before they join the dinosaurs for what may be the last ever Hostess Twinkies!

Fran said...

LOL re the twinkie situation.
What will America do w/o the trans fat polysorbate 60 product??
Hell, Americans even figured out a way to make the junk "food" even junkier-- deep fried twinkies.

Thus the pondering of if there is intelligent life here on earth?

See the 11/20 post on how the execs @ Hostess wound up with the mostest!

Besides, how many pastries have bragging rights to have been used in a court of law in a murder trial? Yes the Twinkie defense will cease to exist.

Gasp!!!