Monday, September 13, 2010

feeling older


Remember when you were a kid & being older was a desirable goal? A four year old might say "I'm 4 and a half"- letting it be known they were half way to five... not just a mere 4 years old. Well, when you pass the half century mark, you rarely hear such enthusiasm for aging. Sure, I am glad to be alive. Having a birthday *beats the alternative* of not having a birthday. I count my blessings. I am thankful for so much. This year's birthday wish includes my son getting well ( he seems to be responding to the antibiotics) and another wish that the rest of the household does not get MRSA, while nursing him back to health. Hey! Some years are like that. So cheers to all for another year alive & thanks for putting up with me!






6 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

my sister-in-law also got a case of MRSA while she was in the hospital after her brain surgery. Hope, hope, hope your son gets better soon!!!

And happy birthday to you!

lisahgolden said...

Happy Birthday, Fran! I hope you had a great day.

Fran said...

Thanks Lib~ was a good day overall.
The son is on the mend, but the house reeks of Clorox as we strive to not get the dreaded MRSA.

Hi Lisa~ Yep... I AM feeling older, but happy to still be kicking around. Got out for a nice bike ride, as I took the day off of work (a planned vacation day). Hooray!

nonnie9999 said...

do what i do. i don't have birthdays anymore, i have present days. i don't get older, i just get gifts.

hope it was a happy day, sweetie!

D.K. Raed said...

I once told EK I didn't think I'd EVER reach 30 ... so I haven't ... though in a couple more years I will be twice that!! Hey, perpetual immaturity has its advantages ... sometimes ... like, when using your underarms and a sweaty palm to faux-fart the happy birthday song ... no way would a woman in her 50's do that, right? HAH!

Happy Happy! And we "don't put up with you" ... we enjoy your worldview and seeing what has caught your blog-eyes!

Fran said...

Looks like Nonnie & DK have found the fountain of youth.
When all else fails, manipulate the data... right?

Signed 39 & holding