Sunday, May 13, 2012

Motherhood, not all it's cracked up to be...



Great Advice:


Motherhood is the hardest job you'll ever love, and maybe hate!
Whatever life throws at you, you signed up for it & you are in it for the long run. 
I loved so much of it.. not so much the "miracle of birth"- I did the birthing at home with a Midwife @ home w/o drugs & it was intense. But then you have this miniature human that is a blank canvas. 
You spend the first few years learning what Waaaa means.. diaper, burp, hungry, bored???
As soon as you figure them out, they change on you. 
I thoroughly enjoyed the Teddy Bear picnics, the wonderful art (the blue turkey, because your school did not dictate only brown, yellow & red crayons could be used for turkey art!). 
I loved watching them grow & see the world through new eyes & how very different each child is. I have the yin & yang of children.... so very different, hard to believe they grew up under the same roof. 
We survived chicken pox, whooping cough, even did the Heimlich maneuver on the youngest, when he choked on an egg roll at a restaurant.  I gave him life & saved his life!
We endured tantrums, the adolescent years, and even sought help when we felt we were in it over our heads in the teen years.  We rearranged our lives to accommodate theirs, and always put the kids first. 
I had a very close relationship with my Mother. Not to say we did not have our run ins & blow outs. but the prevailing items were love and respect. No matter what cam down, we could eventually come back to the table to work things out.  My Mom was a great communicator & was a down to earth person. She did not play games & was open & honest. 
She passed away in October 2011, so this is the first Mother's day without her. 
Even though I know she is in a better place, I miss her so much. 
So while you have your Mom on this earth, take the time to tell her you love & appreciate her. 
Mom's do so much, and a lot of it is thankless. 
Celebrate her & be grateful while she's here. 






No comments: