If he becomes the front runner (who knows in this crap shoot GOP roster, of their finest), here are some gems from Mittens.
Here are some facts about oober 1%er, Willard:
• set up shell companies in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda to avoid U.S. taxes.
[Los Angeles Times, 12/19/2007]
• proposed tax cuts for the rich and corporations that would cost $7.8 trillion over 10 years.
• Mitt Romney: "Corporations are people, my friend."
• called the Occupy Wall Street movement "dangerous."
• called for taxes on the poor, saying low-income Americans having no income tax liability is "a problem" that will "kill the country."
• supports privatizing Social Security.
[ThinkProgress, 09/8/2011]• defended his belief that we "should consider a higher retirement age" for Social Security and Medicare to preserve tax breaks for corporations.
[ThinkProgress, 08/11/2011]• As governor, Mitt Romney vetoed a minimum wage increase to $8 an hour.
[The Boston Globe, 08/1/2006]
• Mitt Romney said he "cannot see that a Cabinet position would be justified" for an American Muslim.
• vowed to increase the size of the military by 100,000 troops.
[Associated Press, 10/8/2011]
• Mitt Romney won't say whether he thinks waterboarding is torture.
[Democracy Now, 11/29/2007]
• opposes regulating carbon dioxide and other gases linked to climate change.
• supports drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
[The Boston Globe, 12/13/2005]
• Mitt Romney said the Clean Air Act doesn't apply to carbon emissions.
• supports unlimited coal and oil production.
• Mitt Romney wants to see Roe v. Wade overturned.
[Meet The Press, 12/16/2007]
• Mitt Romney drafted a bill to exempt a religious group from nondiscrimination rules, allowing it to ban gay couples from adopting children.
[Associated Press, 03/14/2006]
• Romney has signed the National Organization for Marriage anti-gay campaign pledge, calling for a federal amendment outlawing same-sex marriage.
• Campaigning in 1994, Mitt Romney said "I don't line up with the NRA." Today, Mitt Romney is a lifetime member of the NRA.
• Mitt Romney would repeal the broad prohibition against denying coverage to individuals with pre-existing conditions.
• As of October 2011, Mitt Romney has raised more than five times as much money from Wall St. employees as Obama, raising $1.5 million.
• Tea Party billionaire David Koch hosted one of Mitt Romney's first fundraisers for his 2012 campaign.
• Mitt Romney plans to bulldoze his 3,000-square-foot $12 million home in California to replace it with one four times its size. Romney also owns a $10 million estate in New Hampshire.
Sounds like standard republican rhetoric. This is what they stand for.
Post a Comment