Bush Misremembers ~ Olbermann Frames the Shrub's final presser nicely.
Things I never want to see or hear again:
• Bush babbling his drivel @ the podium.
• Stupid backdrops with the same word repeated as a wallpaper graphic design
• A State of the Union Address that is 80% the State of Iraq Address
• Buzzword phrases repeated ad nauseum~ "Stay the Course" "Axis of Evil"
• The president mangling the English language
• Smirking Cheney, Grinchlike in his throne position
• The notion we must have enemies
What items would you add to this list?
Anything "terra"...anything about being "kept Safer"..."extremists".......
Anything about "godbless"......
But yeah...a 13 minute speech for him to sit and give himself a Thankful Farewell....fuck him...
He should be ashamed of himself..
That stupid background wallpaper, jeez how quickly I want to forget that! It's usually 3 words (Frank Luntz' brainchild, focus group tests). But yeah, I've been making a list of things I hope we've seen the last of, too.
How about the notion that WE are responsible for bringing "freedom and democracy" to the world? Bush doesn't seem to recall how the U.S. won our own freedom. It comes from within, from the people themselves. We can't jam it down their throats with guns. Besides, as proven all over central and south america, we usually back the wrong horse in these liberation schemes.
Post a Comment